Welcome to the Lake Braddock Theatre Web Site. Whether you are a student, a parent or a future attendee at one of our shows, this site will fill you in on the tradition of theatre excellence at Lake Braddock Secondary School in Burke, Virginia. In 2014-2105 our shows will be 1984 in November (we hope you had a chance to see this show), in March 2015 the Lab show will be Fully Committed, and we will be closing with Neil Simon’s Rumors the weekend when April and May meet in 2015.
Join Lake Braddock Theatre Boosters to see the brand new musical
Something Rotten!, a world-premiere musical comedy about the musical comedy that started it all. Welcome to the ‘90s — the 1590s — long before the dawn of premium tickets, star casting and reminders to turn off your cell phones. Brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance rockstar known as “The Bard.” When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theatre involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first MUSICAL! But amidst the scandalous excitement of Opening Night, the Bottom Brothers realize that reaching the top means being true to thine own self… and all that jazz.
With its heart on its ruffled sleeve and sequins in its soul, Something Rotten! is an uproarious dose of pure Broadway fun and an irresistible ode to musicals — those dazzling creations that entertain us, inspire us and remind us that everything’s better with an exclamation point!
- All theatre students in grades 9 to 12 are eligible (anyone in a theatre class or theatre production)
- Bus departs at 6:00 a.m. from LBSS parking lot on Saturday, May 30. Return by midnight.
- No SAT conflict. No Memorial Day conflict. No prom conflict.
- NON-REFUNDABLE. But — if you pay and subsequently need to cancel, if you can find someone to take your place on the trip, you can get your money back.
- Coming Soon – Rumors Photos
- Support Lake Braddock Theatre – LBT Boosters Membership 2014-15
- PARENTS – Check out the “Year in the life of a Theatre Parent Guide“
- Click here to download the Lake Braddock Theatre Handbook
- Click here for information on why taking Theatre Arts at Lake Braddock is your best choice for an elective.